Now that you're in the room, there are a number of different controls, permissions, and settings you can toggle to have better moderation over the room. The toolbar at the top of the room is where you will find all of these controls. It looks like this:
1. Camera and Microphone
- The first things you'll want to set for the room is the camera and mic options. To turn your camera on, click on the first button in the top toolbar (it looks like a video camera). When the camera is on, the button will turn green. The default camera orientation is to face it toward the user. To flip the camera, click the 3 vertical dots at the end of the toolbar, then click Flip Camera.
- To turn your mic on, click the button second from the left in the toolbar (it looks like a microphone). When the microphone is on, the button will be green. The mic is set to Speaker as a default, meaning that the audio of other users in the room will play aloud from the phone. To change the mic from speaker to receiver, click the 3 vertical dots and press Speaker. You will then have the option to choose Receiver which will switch the audio output from other users.
2. Background and Profile Picture
- You can also change the room's background image through the settings. Click the 3 vertical dots and then choose Change Background. This will bring you to a menu where you can choose the image source. There are three options for background images. You can choose from:
- Taking a photo
- Photo Library
- Unsplash will take you to a photo library provided by Unsplash with stock free images. The Take Photo option brings you to your phone's camera where you can take a picture for your background. Photo Library will bring you to your own phone's library where you can choose any image you have on your phone as the background.
- You can change your Profile Picture in a similar way. Just click on your current profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the room (the icon all the way to the right in the image at the top of this page). Once you click on this icon, you'll see a Change Avatar option. Choosing this option will allow you to pick between taking a photo or choosing a picture from your Photo Library on your phone.
- You can enable and disable system-level notifications from Here (meaning notifications that appear outside the app) in the iPhone's Settings. Follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Go to Notifications
- Scroll until you see the Here app
- Toggle "Allow Notifications" on (it will appear green)
- You can also enable/disable notifications for specific rooms. To do so, click the 3 vertical dots in the toolbar at the top, then click Mute Notifications. This will mute notifications from chat for that specific room only. You will still see chat notifications for other rooms.
- To unmute notifications for a specific room, go back to the room settings and click Unmute Notifications. Now, chat notifications from the room will appear both in the app and at the OS level.