Now that you're in the room, there are a number of different controls, permissions, and settings you can toggle to have better moderation over the room.
1. Room Movement
- To navigate around your room, use the joystick in the lower left hand corner of the bottom toolbar. You can also pinch and drag to zoom in and out and navigate around the room.
2. Camera and Microphone
- The toolbar at the top of the room is where you will find more controls. It looks like this:
- To turn your camera on, click on the first button in the top toolbar (it looks like a video camera). When the camera is on, the button will turn green. The default camera orientation is to face it toward the user.
- To flip the camera, click the 3 vertical dots at the end of the toolbar, then click Flip Camera.
- To turn your mic on, click the button second from the left in the toolbar (it looks like a microphone). When the microphone is on, the button will turn green.
- The mic is set to Speaker as a default, meaning that the audio of other users in the room will play out loud from your device.
- You can change this setting to Receiver, meaning the audio will only play from your phone’s top speaker, like you are on a phone call.
- To do this, click the 3 vertical dots and press Speaker. You will then have the option to choose Receiver.
3. Room Background + Settings
- To edit your room settings follow these steps
- Click the 3 vertical dots on the top menu bar
- From the pop-up menu, tap Edit Room.
- From Edit Room screen, you can change the room background. Click the pencil icon to choose the image source. There are three options for background images.
- Taking a photo
- Photo Library
- The room name and room privacy settings can also be customized from this menu. Make sure to save your changes!
4. Room Notifications
- You can enable/disable notifications for specific rooms. To do so, click the 3 vertical dots in the toolbar at the top, then click Mute Notifications. This will mute notifications from chat for that specific room only. You will still see chat notifications for other rooms.
- To unmute notifications for a specific room, go back to the room settings and click Unmute Notifications. Now, chat notifications from the room will appear both in the app and at the OS level.
- You can also enable and disable system-level notifications from Here (meaning notifications that appear outside the app) in the iPhone's Settings. Follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Go to Notifications
- Scroll until you see the Here app
- Toggle "Allow Notifications" on (it will appear green)
5. Room Members, Profile, & Messages
- On the right side of the top toolbar, you can access (in order):
- Room Members
- Your Profile