All of the room creation tools are in the purple plus button in the bottom left-hand corner of the room. When you press this button, a creation menu will pop up with all of the different features you can add to your room! It looks like this:
These buttons add unique elements to the room for endless creative possibilities. Here is what each feature does:
- The green "Draw" button allows you to create temporary drawings in the room. You can draw anywhere in the room and choose the color of the pen. To choose your color, click the color dropper icon in the "Draw" toolbar.
- The drawings will disappear after around 10 seconds, so these drawings are for temporary sketches, outlining ideas, or marking something on the screen.
- The blue "Screenshare" button allows you to screen share from your iPhone into the Here room. Both desktop users and other users on mobile will be able to see your screen. You can go to apps like Tik Tok or YouTube to watch videos or scroll through Twitter with your friends.
- When you click the "Screenshare" button, a menu will ask you to choose the source of the broadcast. Scroll down until you see the Here app. It looks like this:
- Once you click the Here app, your broadcast will begin in the room, and other users will be able to see your phone screen.
- The orange "Upload" button allows you to add your own images to the room. When you click on this button, it will ask you how you'd like to import your own image. You can click "Take Photo" which will bring up your phone's camera so you can snap a quick pic and insert it right in the room.
- You can also click the "Upload Photo" button to choose pictures from your phone's photo library.
4. GIF / Sticker
- The red "GIF / Sticker" button let's you add any GIF or Sticker from GIPHY's library directly to the room. Once you click on the GIF / Sticker button, you have 4 tabs you can choose from:
- Once you choose the type of animated content you'd like to add, just tap it and it'll appear right in the room.
- The purple. "Invite" button brings up the room's URL that you can send via text message, email, Discord, or social media like Twitter.
- You can also copy this link directly if you'd like to save it for later.
6. Element Controls
- Any element that you can add to the room. (such as GIFs, stickers, and images) have their own set of controls. If you long-press any of these elements, you can:
- scale the element to make it larger or smaller
- rotate the element
- mirror the element
- duplicate the element
- or send the element to the front of the screen or to the back (behind other elements)
- The menu of controls looks like this: