Now that you're in the room, there are a number of different controls, permissions, and settings you can toggle to have better moderation over the room. This page also goes over messaging and chatbox controls. The toolbar at the top of the room is where you will find the device controls and settings. It looks like this:
1. Camera and Microphone
- The first things you'll want to set for the room is the camera and mic options. To turn your camera on, click on the first button in the top toolbar (it looks like a video camera). When the camera is on, the button will turn green. The default camera orientation is to face it toward the user. To flip the camera, click the caret next to the mic button in the toolbar, then choose camera 2, facing back.
- To turn your mic on, click the button second from the left in the toolbar (it looks like a microphone). When the microphone is on, the button will be green. The mic is set to Default but you can change it to Speakerphone or Headset by tapping on the caret and selecting the options under Microphone.
- As of right now, you can not change the background image of the room on Android. To change the image of the room, head to Here on your desktop computer, go to settings, and click Background. To learn my about Backgrounds, head to our article How do I change the Background of my room?
- Currently, the settings in Here on Android are related to notifications. From the settings, you can change in-app notifications and disable notifications coming from a specific room.
- To enable or disable notifications for specific rooms, follow these steps:
- Enter the room where you want to change notifications
- Select the settings button in the toolbar at the top (it looks like a cog)
- Toggle the button next to Enable Notifications
- If the button is purple, then notifications for that room are on
- If the button is gray, then notifications for that room are off
- There are a few custom controls for messaging in the chatbox. The chatbox is at the bottom of the room and looks like this:
When you click on Say Something in the chatbox, you will see a few customization options for messaging.
- Changing chat color: You can change the color of the chat bubble by pressing the color bubble to the left of the uppercase T. Clicking the color icon will bring up the color wheel where you can select from preset colors or choose your own color.
- Changing font: You can change the font by pressing the uppercase T. Selecting the T will bring up a font menu. Click on the caret and scroll through all of the font options until you see the one you want to use.
- Changing font-size: You can change the size of the font in the font menu as well. By selecting the uppercase T, you will see a size selector to the right of the font selector. The default is set to 16px, but the range is between 12px and 28px.
- Changing font color: To change the color of the font, bring up the font menu once again by selecting the uppercase T. Then select the color circle all the way to the right of the menu. This will bring up preset colors and the color wheel.
- Adding emojis, GIFs, and Images: All the way to the right of the chat box are a few icons for sending elements other than text. The first icon (a smiley face) brings up the emoji options. The icon immediately to the right (GIF) will bring up the GIF options. The icon all the way to the right (a landscape) allows you to insert images from your device's camera or from files.