All of the room creation tools are in the joystick button in the bottom left-hand corner of the room. When you press this button, a creation menu will pop up with all of the different features you can add to your room! It looks like this:
These buttons add unique elements to the room for endless creative possibilities. Here is what each feature does:
1. Screen Share
- The first button from the left is the screen share button
- Tap this button in order to share your screen with everyone in the room (which means everyone can see what you're doing on your phone)
- Use this to watch movies, shows, and videos from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or any other app!
- The "Upload" button allows you to add your own images to the room.
- When you click on this button, it will ask you how you'd like to import your own image.
- You can choose your Photo Library for saved pictures on your phone
- Or select Camera to take & upload a photo in the moment
3. GIF / Sticker
- The "GIF" button lets you add any GIF or Sticker from GIPHY's library directly to the room. Once you click on the GIF / Sticker button, you have 4 tabs you can choose from:
- Once you choose the type of animated content you'd like to add, just tap it and it'll appear right in the room.
- The whiteboard button allows you to create drawings in the room. Selecting this button will insert a whiteboard.
- You can draw anywhere on the whiteboard and choose the color of the pen.
- To choose your pen color, click the color icon
- You can change the whiteboard color and opacity as well by clicking the paint bucket icon. To have an invisible whiteboard, set the opacity to zero (slide it all the way to the left).
5. Temporary Drawing
- The last icon to the right is the drawing button. Tap this button to turn your finger into a marker
- Use your finger to draw anywhere on the screen. The drawing won't last forever. So use it for pointing out stuff in the room or messing with people!
- You can change the color of the temporary drawing too by using the color selection tools in the bottom right when tapping on the button
6. Element Controls
- Any element that you can add to the room (such as GIFs, stickers, and images) have their own set of controls. If you long-press any of these elements, you can:
- scale the element to make it larger or smaller
- rotate the element
- mirror the element
- duplicate the element
- or send the element to the front of the screen or to the back (behind other elements)