All of the room creation tools are in the purple plus button in the bottom left-hand corner of the room. When you press this button, a creation menu will pop up with all of the different features you can add to your room! It looks like this:
These buttons add unique elements to the room for endless creative possibilities. Here is what each feature does:
- The Text button will add a text box to the room that you can use to take notes, jot down your thoughts, or write stories.
- You can change the color of the text box by selecting the paint bucket icon in the bottom left corner. This icon will bring up preset colors and the color wheel.
- You can change the font, font-size, and font color by highlighting the text in the text box. You can also make the text bold, italicized, or underlined.
- When you're done typing, click the checkmark in the bottom left corner. To start typing again, select the pen button.
- The "Upload" button allows you to add your own images to the room. When you click on this button, it will ask you how you'd like to import your own image. You can click "Upload Image or File" which will bring up your phone's camera so you can snap a quick pic and insert it right in the room. Or you can select "Files."
- You can also click the "Share Web App" button to insert Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, or other documents from the Google Suite.
3. GIF / Sticker
- The "GIF" button lets you add any GIF or Sticker from GIPHY's library directly to the room. Once you click on the GIF / Sticker button, you have 4 tabs you can choose from:
- Sticker Packs
- Once you choose the type of animated content you'd like to add, just tap it and it'll appear right in the room.
- The "Video" button inserts a media player into the room. The media player allows you to watch YouTube videos and Twitch streams in the room.
- In order to watch YouTube videos, go to the video you'd like to watch in the media player and copy the URL. Then paste the URL in the search bar of the media player in the Here room.
- To watch Twitch streams, copy the URL to the specific Twitch stream you want to watch in the media player and follow the same steps as above.
- The "Games" button lets you insert any of the games from our games library into a room. You can insert any of the following games:
- Four in a Row
- Texas Holdem
- Tic Tac Toe
- Dice Roller
- To learn more about how to play each game, head to the article How do I play games in Here?
- The "Draw" button allows you to create drawings in the room. Selecting this button will insert a whiteboard. You can draw anywhere on the whiteboard and choose the color of the pen. To choose your color, click the color icon in the toolbar in the bottom left corner of the whiteboard.
- You can change the whiteboard color and opacity as well by clicking the paint bucket icon. To have an invisible whiteboard, set the opacity to zero (slide it all the way to the left).
- The "Build" icon has additional creation features to customize and accessorize the room. These features include user spawn points, barriers, to-do lists, timers, and more.
- To learn more about the features in the Build category, head to the article Are there more creation tools?
9. Element Controls
- Any element that you can add to the room (such as GIFs, stickers, and images) have their own set of controls. If you long-press any of these elements, you can:
- scale the element to make it larger or smaller
- rotate the element
- mirror the element
- duplicate the element
- or send the element to the front of the screen or to the back (behind other elements)
- The menu of controls looks like this:
- There's also an option to pin from this menu. You can select this option to pin the element to another element. To learn more about pinning, head to the article How do I pin objects?