1. How to Log In
- Once you download the app from Google Chrome (learn how to do this in the previous article), you can log in to an existing account OR sign up directly in the app with an email or password.
- You can log in three different ways:
- with Google
- with Apple
- with Email
2. How to Set a Profile Picture
- You can change your Profile Picture by clicking on your current profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the home screen. Once you click on this icon, you'll see a camera button in the bottom right-hand corner of the profile picture. Select the camera, then select Upload Avatar, which will allow you to pick between taking a photo or choosing a picture from your Photo Library on your phone.
3. How to Set a Username
- From the profile settings, you can also change your name and username. Go to the profile picture icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen (the same way you would change your profile picture). Instead of clicking on the camera icon though, select the Edit button next to either the name or the username boxes.
- The main difference between Name and Username:
- Names refer to your actual name or the name you'd like to use on Here
- Usernames are uniquely yours. No two usernames can be the same. So there can be no duplicates. This helps you verify friends and ensure the authenticity of others.
4. Messaging & Notifications
- You can enable notifications for messages in Here. You can also enable or disable notifications for specific rooms.
- To enable or disable notifications for Here on Android, follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Go to Notifications
- Select Manage app notifications
- Scroll until you see the Here app
- Toggle the button to allow notifications (it will appear blue when it's on)
- To turn notifications back off, just toggle the button again (it will appear gray when it's off)
- To enable or disable notifications for specific rooms, follow these steps:
- Enter the room where you want to change notifications
- Select the settings button in the toolbar at the top (it looks like a cog)
- Toggle the button next to Enable Notifications
- If the button is purple, then notifications for that room are on
- If the button is gray, then notifications for that room are off
5. How to Log Out
- To log out, all you need to do is click your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the home screen.
- You'll see a red button that says "Logout"
- Click Logout and you will be taken back to the login screen