The best way to have more people to hang out with on Here and see if, and when, they're online is to add them as a Friend. Once you add a friend, they'll be visible on your Friends List so that you can keep track of how many friends you make and who's online.
Adding friends is super easy and only takes a few short steps. Friends can either be added from the Here lobby or from within a Here room. Here is how to do both:
From the Lobby
1. Navigate to the Friends Tab by clicking the smiley icon in the top left navbar
2. From the Friends tab, click Find Friends
- From here, you can view and add suggested friends or search for specific users by their Here name or username.
- From the Friends tab, you can also view your friends list under My Friends and see any pending requests under Friend Requests
Within a Room
1. Hover over the camera or icon of the person you want to be friends with and click the three dots
- OR select the icon in the presence bar at the top of the room like this:
2. Select "View Profile"
3. Then "Add Friend"
4. Now that person will have a friend request waiting.
Once they accept it, you can view them in your Friends List in your own profile. (Navigate to your own profile icon and select Friends.) Each friend will have a Presence Indicator, which shows the status of your friend when on and off of Here. A Green indicator means that your friend is online. A Grey indicator means that your friend is offline.
Your Friends List will look like this: