Once you add friends on Here, you'll be able to chat with them directly. Direct messages are chats sent between you and your friend only. They will not be seen by anyone else in the room. So if you have a secret that you only want your bestie to know, send them a quick dm!
Direct messages can be accessed while in a room or in the lobby, so you can chat with your friends from anywhere. You can do everything in a DM that you can do in our regular chatbox including sending emojis, GIFs, and images. You'll also get a notification whenever they send you a new message.
And check out our Safety Tips before sending or accepting a friend request and sending a DM.
To send a DM, watch our Room Hack video
Follow the steps below
- Add the person you want to send a direct message to as a friend. Learn how to send Friend Requests here.
- Click the Messages button to access all of your direct messages. It's underneath the red arrow in the top left corner of the room. The icon looks like a paper plane.
- To start a new message, select the white button with the purple plus sign in the center. The New Messages button will bring up your friends list.
- From the All Friends menu, choose the friend you'd like to start a new direct message with. Or, you can search for their name using the search bar at the top of the menu.
- After selecting your friend, your chat box with them will appear. From there, start sending DMs! Your friend's icon will stay under the New Messages button for easy access.