There are a few custom controls for messaging in the chatbox. The chatbox is in the bottom right-hand corner of the room and looks like this:
When you click on Say Something in the chatbox, you will see a few customization options for messaging.
- Changing chat color: You can change the color of the chat bubble by pressing the color bubble to the left of the uppercase T. Clicking the color icon will bring up the color wheel where you can select from preset colors or choose your own color.
- Changing font: You can change the font by pressing the uppercase T. Selecting the T will bring up a font menu. Click on the caret and scroll through all of the font options until you see the one you want to use.
- Changing font size: You can change the size of the font in the font menu as well. By selecting the uppercase T, you will see a size selector to the right of the font selector. The default is set to 16px, but the range is between 12px and 28px.
- Changing font color: To change the color of the font, bring up the font menu once again by selecting the uppercase T. Then select the color circle all the way to the right of the menu. This will bring up preset colors and the color wheel.
- Adding emojis, GIFs, and Images: All the way to the right of the chatbox are a few icons for sending elements other than text. The first icon (a smiley face) brings up the emoji options. The icon immediately to the right (GIF) will bring up the GIF options. The icon all the way to the right (a landscape) allows you to insert images from your device's camera or from files.
To learn how to send direct messages, head to this article.