In order to send Direct Messages on the Here mobile app, you must first add the other user as a friend. Once you're both friends in Here, you can start sending direct messages!
There are two ways to send a direct message – from the Lobby and from a room.
Sending Direct Messages from the Here Lobby
- Open the Here app and sign in. You'll land in the Here lobby
- The Navigation Bar at the bottom of the lobby has a Direct Messages page
- Click on the DM icon: it's the second icon on the navigation bar -- in the shape of a paper airplane
- From this page, you can send messages with current friends and start new DMs with new friends!
Sending Direct Messages from a Here room:
- Enter a room on Here
- Select the DM button to the right of your profile in the upper right corner of the room. This will pull up the Messages window
- In the Messages window, select the friend you want to message or start messaging a new friend by clicking on the New Message button in the top right of the menu.
- In the New Message screen, you can create a new DM with any of your friends on your Friends List